News & Activities
Recently we have started a socially distanced Audiobook Club! The book chosen for our current read is Agent Sonya by Ben MacIntyre.
Audiobooks are becoming more popular lately, with how convenient they are to use while continuing your everyday activities. It makes doing the laundry a little more fun and interesting! Below are some great facts on the benefits of audiobooks!
Audiobooks are immersive, educational, instructional, and entertaining!
Audiobooks can change the way we listen, read and learn, improving the literacy of readers and those for whom English is a second language.
There are plenty of benefits to regularly listening to audiobooks, including:
- Increasing reading accuracy by 52%
- Increasing reading speed, expanding vocabulary and improving fluency
- Teaching pronunciation
- Improving comprehension by 76%
Not to mention:
- Students can listen and comprehend two grade levels above their reading level when regularly listening to audiobooks; and
- Combining print and audio increases recall by 40% over print alone.
Listening is the first language skill that we acquire and 85% of what we learn, we learn by listening. For those who have difficulty reading, listening to Audiobooks can make learning a much easier process. It also makes it inclusive and fun!
SAVE THE DATE! Join us on March 30th 2021 at 2pm over Zoom for a discussion on the book! Email Rachelle at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!